Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS) supports the sustainable development of voluntary and community groups and promotes volunteering in Hull, based on the values of justice, equality and improved quality of life. Groups can become members of Hull CVS for free to benefit from our work.
- Bring groups together to share information and good practice;
- Promote the valuable work of voluntary and community groups and the importance of volunteering to the City;
- Support the development of new groups;
- Provide support services which help groups to improve their work for maximum impact;
- Enable groups to have a voice on issues of common concern.
Hull CVS was formed in 1981 as Hull Council for Voluntary Services. We are a registered charity(No. 514311) and a company limited by guarantee (No.1570120). Our Memorandum and Articles of Association set out how we are governed.
View our entry on the Charity Commission website.
Hull CVS 2011/12 Annual Report and Accounts
The Hull CVS 2012/13 Annual Report and Accounts are available to view here.
Our members are voluntary and community organisations operating in and around the City of Hull. The members elect a Board of Trustees at our AGM to manage the Charity, supported by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
Honorary President and Vice Presidents
Our Honorary President and Vice Presidents are high profile supporters of our work.
- President – The Right Reverend Richard Frith Bishop of Hull
- Vice President – The Right Honorable Alan Johnson MP Hull West and Hessle
Commitment to Quality
We hold the NAVCA Quality Award in recognition of the quality of our support services to groups. Our Volunteer Centre is accredited by Volunteering England and we hold the Investing in Volunteers award in recognition of our good practice in the management of our own volunteers. We also hold the Fundraising Standards Board ‘give with confidence’ tick mark for our fundraising activities.
Comments and Complaints
We aim to provide the highest standards of service and are committed to the continuous improvement of our services. We welcome feedback, good or bad, to help us in this process.
For more information about Hull CVS please read our Annual Review 2012/13