Employee volunteering can:
- enhance the wellbeing and development of employees
- improve their work skills and enhance transferrable skills
- maintain or develop community links
- be an alternative approach to staff development and training
- increase publicity and reinforce organisational reputation
- Help attract and retain employees
Lots of businesses allow volunteering leave. This generally allows staff between one to three days of paid leave per year to make a difference in the community, whilst also developing staff skills and benefiting businesses.
We can help you promote volunteering in your workplace by providing information on how to start volunteering, and its benefits.
If you are looking for volunteering days for groups of your workforce, there are a few ways you can do this:
- Contact us – we have a list of voluntary sector groups and charities which are looking for some help.
- If we haven’t got what you’re looking for, you can advertise your offer to charities and community organisations through our website and e-news.
- You can use the Do-It website to search for organisations looking for groups of volunteers
Typically, you and your teams could be working with:
- Care centres and community centres
- Schools and colleges
- Community gardens
- Those who are long term unemployed
- Older people who value a friendly face and your time and interest
Whatever the task it will be for a worthy cause and a good team building day too, please contact us if there is anything we can help with.