ESF Community Grants are part of the European Social Fund (ESF) programme which is distributing £2 million in small grants in the Humber, York and North Yorkshire region between 2016 and 2018. The fund aims to help unemployed people aged 19 years or older progress toward employment through access to learning opportunities.
Applications are currently being accepted from small charities and not-for-profit community organisations based and working in York, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Hull, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Employ less than 20 full time employees (or full time equivalents based on 30 hours).
- Have an annual turnover of £1 million or less for three consecutive years.
- Have a constitution or governing document.
- Have a bank account in the group’s name with at least two independent signatories.
Any activity that will help an individual progress towards employment and improve employability skills will be considered, including:
- Help with basic skills.
- Taster work experience (including voluntary work).
- Training, advice and counselling (including money management).
- Job search assistance.
- Confidence building and personal development.
- First contact and engagement activities.
Grants of between £5,000 and £15,000 are available.
There are two separate deadlines for applications:
- York and North Yorkshire – 10 March 2017 (2pm).
- Humber and East Riding – 24 March 2017 (4pm).