WHEN BOOKING YOU BOOK A TIME SLOT ,NOT THE FULL DAY
The Big Lottery Fund’s major grants scheme has re-opened. As before, it will make grants of over £10,000 in England, supporting organisations with great ideas that enable communities to thrive.
They can fund project activities, operating costs, organisational development and capital costs (though this is now described as equipment and ‘small scale refurbishment’) The new approach is that the pilot assessment process that was running in Yorkshire & the Humber last year has now been rolled out nationally.
Book a 1:2:1 meeting with Big Lottery Fund Funding Officer for Hull and East Yorkshire.
There are three funding priorities for projects:
- bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage
They are interested in supporting organisations that are:
- people led – meaningfully involving the people you’re working with in the development and delivery of your activity
- strengths based – making the most of the skills that already exist in communities
- connected – understanding what other relevant organisations are doing and developing good working relationships
The first step is to tell them about your idea – they can give you a steer very quickly on whether it is something that they may or may not support.