Fridays: 20th & 27th July 2018, 9.30am – 4pm
2 day course
This course is aimed at all staff and volunteers working with children.
To provide Paediatric First Aid, required by those working with children , as child minders, in nurseries and schools. This qualification is recognised by Ofsted, SURESTART and EYFS.
- Understand roles and responsibilities
- Be able to assess an emergency situation
- Provide first aid for an unconscious infant and child
- Provide first aid for an unresponsive infant and child (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a choking infant and child
- Provide first aid for an infant and child in shock
- Understand and provide first aid for an infant and child with anaphylaxis
- Administer first aid to an infant or child with broken bones
- Administer first aid to an infant or child with head injuries
- Deal with an infant and child with suspected spinal injuries
- Administer first aid to an infant and child with conditions affecting eyes, ears and nose
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and child with chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- Administer first aid to infant and child suffering from extreme heat or cold
- Administer first aid for burns and scalds
- Understand how to deal with case of sudden poisoning
- Deal with bites and stings
- Deal with minor injuries
- Deal with fits and seizures
- Understand how to complete records
Lunch is not provided however there are a range of sandwich shops in the local area.