This three day course is aimed at Volunteer Managers / Co-ordinators and organisations and voluntary and community groups which involve volunteers within their organisation.
This course is intended to be delivered at Hull College, in light of the Coronavirus this course may need to be delivered by distance learning. This will be confirmed prior to the course start date by the provider.
Thursdays: 15th, 22nd and 29th April – 10.00am – 3.00pm Volunteers will have different reasons and motivations for choosing to volunteer their time. They may opt to volunteer to develop their skills, gain experience or give something back to the community. It is the role of the volunteer organiser to effectively recruit, motivate, manage and develop volunteers to ensure both parties benefit fully from the process. Our Certa Level 3 Volunteer Management Training programme which is delivered over three days is designed for anyone who has responsibility for attracting, recruiting and sustaining volunteers. Participants will learn at a place and pace to suit the learner, and will get support from a dedicated online tutor and course materials and additional resources. Written assignments are used to demonstrate understanding. This workshop aims to bring together Volunteer Organisers to share and learn the knowledge and skills required for attracting and recruiting potential volunteers.
To qualify for a free place on this course learners must be employed (full or part time) with an eligible organisation. The training provider will contact you to register once you have booked your place.
By the end of the course participants will have an understanding of:
Attracting and Recruiting Volunteers:
- Understand the benefits of volunteering for an organisation, the community and volunteers
- Understand the principles and values for volunteering
- Understand the organisational requirements for volunteering
Organisations and Volunteering:
- Understand how to promote volunteering
- Understand how to select and recruit volunteers
- Understand how to induct volunteers
Supporting and Developing Volunteers:
- Understand the diverse development needs of volunteers
- Understand the need to support and motivate volunteers
- Understand how to lead a team
Lunch is not provided however there are a range of sandwich shops in the local area.