This three day course is aimed at Volunteer Managers / Co-ordinators and organisations and voluntary and community groups which involve volunteers within their organisation.
Tuesdays: 5th, 12th and 19th june, 10am – 3pm
Volunteers will have different reasons and motivations for choosing to volunteer their time. They may opt to volunteer to develop their skills, gain experience or give something back to the community. It is the role of the volunteer organiser to effectively recruit, motivate, manage and develop volunteers to ensure both parties benefit fully from the process.
Our Certa Level 3 Volunteer Management Training programme which is delivered over three days is designed for anyone who has responsibility for attracting, recruiting and sustaining volunteers.
We are pleased to be able to offer this training free of charge to approved groups in Hull. Participants will learn at a place and pace to suit the learner, and will get support from a dedicated online tutor and course materials and additional resources. Written assignments are used to demonstrate understanding.
This workshop aims to bring together Volunteer Organisers to share and learn the knowledge and skills required for attracting and recruiting potential volunteers.
By the end of the course participants will have an understanding of:
Attracting and Recruiting Volunteers:
- Understand the benefits of volunteering for an organisation, the community and volunteers
- Understand the principles and values for volunteering
- Understand the organisational requirements for volunteering
Organisations and Volunteering:
- Understand how to promote volunteering
- Understand how to select and recruit volunteers
- Understand how to induct volunteers
Supporting and Developing Volunteers:
- Understand the diverse development needs of volunteers
- Understand the need to support and motivate volunteers
- Understand how to lead a team
Please note Lunch is not provided however there are a range of sandwich shops in the local area.