Choices and Rights Disability Coalition, in Hull, are running free one day workshops on offer through their Employability and Learning Programme to disabled people, who are 18 years of age and over living in the Hull and East Riding area.
We will help disabled people to develop a range of skills and work with individuals to help them identify their strengths. Many disabled people believe that they don’t have the skills or experience that employers are looking for, but we disagree. We know that disabled people face and overcome daily challenges, an experience that shouldn’t be undersold in a job interview. We will help individuals to understand the positive effect that living with their impairment has had on their employability leading to greater wellbeing and aspirations.
Who are the workshops for?
The workshops are available for disabled adults aged 18 years of age and over who live in the Hull and East Riding area. This includes anyone who identifies as a disabled person or has a long term health condition
What are the workshops on offer?
- CV Building Workshop: During this session you will learn how to put together successful Curriculum Vitae. You will be able to draft your CV, and if needed, support will be provided to type up the CV electronically. You will also get the chance to review, improve and tailor your CV.
- Essential Interview Skills Workshop: You will learn:
- Skills to help control interview nerves,
- How to convey a confident and engaging style,
- Discover key preparation skills to help you perform to your strengths, be able to deliver convincing answers to your interview questions, take part in mock interviews and know the correct questions to ask at an interview to show your interest.
- Build Your Confidence Workshop: You will understand the meaning of self-esteem (confidence) and take in-depth look at how self-esteem affects your work productivity. You will also take part in an assessment of your self-esteem and look for areas of improvement. You will gain an understanding of how your body language and thoughts may affect how you feel, learn skills to help you to boost your confidence, and take part in confidence building and team building exercises
- Equality and Disability Workshop: You will gain an understanding of your rights contained in the Equality Act 2010 and how to puts these rights into practice. You will also learn about the support available to disabled people, such as Access to Work.
- Communication skills and Customer Care Workshop: You will gain an understanding of the benefits of good service; this includes an understanding that each individual can make a difference. You will learn how to deal professionally and confidently with customers and look into different forms of communication. You will develop an understanding on how to communicate effectively with disabled people, choosing the best method of communication for the person you are communicating with and understand the importance of attitude. There will also be information on how to successfully deal with difficult customers.
Where will the workshops take place?
The programme of workshops will take place at our fully wheelchair accessible office site in Bransholme, Hull. We will endeavour to make sure that individual access needs are met. Please let us know any assistance that you may need.
What do the workshops cost?
The workshops are free! Travel expenses to and from the workshop may be provided and lunch will be provided on site.
How do I apply or make a referral?
Interested? Or know of a disabled adult who the workshops would benefit?
To express interest in any of these workshops please contact Choices and Rights on 01482878778 alternatively email email@example.com.
Dates are to be confirmed