In the light of the current COVID-19 global pandemic, and in line with national government guidelines, the HACA Centre will be closed from Monday 23rd March 2020 until further notice
All are encouraged to follow the government guidelines/recommendations which broadly advise the following:
- Sneezing and/or coughing into a tissure, or your elbow.
- Covering your mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Washing your hands with soap, thoroughly and frequently.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Avoid touching your face.
- Staying away from infected people.
- Keeping a 2-3 meters distance from other people.
- Exercise ‘Social Distancing’ -Staying at home, avoiding crowds, avoiding touching one another etc.
- Self-isolating if infected, or suspicion of infection
It is recommended that we follow, and keep up-to-date with, the NHS & WHO guidance/recommendations, and that we also co-operate with our Local Authority’s containment strategies and efforts.
Let us all observe these precautionary measures to stay safe and protected and stop the spread of the virus.
At these unprecedented times, it is crucial that, together, we care/watch out for each other as best as we can, particularly the elderly and vulnerable within our community – of course, to do so within the parameters of personal, and safety of others. We hope we can all think of creative and safe ways of encouraging each other and reducing isolation and fear.
if any HACA Member needs special assistance during this period, we would do our best to support you, and/or signpost you appropriately. Please contact HACA Admin on 07366 191996, Mon- Sat, between 10am-4pm. You can also leave a voicemail message, which will be responded to within 24hrs.
Sorry for all the inconveniences caused.
Furthermore, we are postponing, until further notice, our AGM already publicised for 24th April 2020, due to the restrictions created by the COVID-19 pandemic. We will contact you in due course. Sorry, again, for any inconveniences caused.
Hope you all stay protected and safe.
Board of Trustees,
Hull Afro Caribbean Association (HACA)