Across the Humber region, the NHS and other partners are working together to plan for the long-term future of acute hospital services, working through the Humber Acute Services Review. The review provides an opportunity for clinicians, alongside patients and other stakeholders, to jointly shape ideas about the future of our hospital services at Hull Royal, Castle Hill, Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole.
Last year work started on six specialities (you can read about this on our website). Now we are looking at a broader range of hospital services over the coming months, which include:
- Care when you need it unexpectedly (urgent and emergency care)
- Planned care – such as planned surgery and outpatients
- Care for women and children (maternity and paediatrics)
We would really like to involve people living in the Humber area – to find out what you think about the potential ideas being explored for the future provision of acute hospital services. We are holding workshops on the following days (you are welcome to attend both sessions, or choose the one that interests you the most):
For children and families – about children’s emergency care, paediatric services and maternity services:
- Monday 7 October 2019, Centre 4, 17A Wootton Road, Grimsby, DN331HE
- Tuesday 15 October 2019, The Village Hotel, Henry Boot Way, Hull, HU4 7DY
For adults – about emergency care and some of our planned care
services (including orthopaedics, ophthalmology, ear, nose and throat, gastroenterology and urology):
- Tuesday 24 September 2019, Mercure Hotel, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, HU10 6EA
- Tuesday 8 October 2019, The Iron Bar, Glanford Park, Scunthorpe, DN15 8TD
Alternatively we would be happy to arrange a 5-10 minute telephone or skype call for individuals or groups of individuals. To arrange this contact:
email@example.com or 01482 344700.
For more information about the Humber Acute Services Review, or to find out more about the events please visit: https://humbercoastandvale.org.uk/humberacutereview/
We hope to see you there.