Website Cloverleaf Advocacy
We work with people who need support to speak up and have their voices heard.
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for an Independent Mental Capacity Advocate to join our team working on a part time for 22.5 hours per week on a fixed term basis initially for 6 months.
A professional, customer focused attitude is essential. This post provides statutory advocacy services to the public in relation to people who lack capacity as described in the Mental Capacity Act 2005, its Regulations and Codes of Practice.
The key functions of the IMCA role will include:
- Representing the person who lacks capacity to make the decision covered in the Act and subsequent regulation
- Obtaining and evaluating information.
- Ascertaining the person’s wishes and feelings, as far as possible, and any values or beliefs likely to influence the decision if the person had capacit
- Ascertaining alternative courses of action, for example, looking at medical treatment decisions, different types of care arrangements or different accommodation.
- Obtaining a further medical opinion, if n
- Challenging the decision maker, where appropriate
The role will involve supporting individuals to speak for themselves, or to provide representation where this is not possible.
Post: Independent Mental Capacity Advocate
Hours: 22.5 per week
Location: North and North East Lincolnshire / Home Based, although the role will require flexible working.
Accountable to: Service Manager
Pay: £21,500 p.a. pro rata pre-qualification – £22,000 p.a. pro rata fully qualified
Other: Fixed term (6 months in the first instance) and monthly performance review.
Training will be provided for the role. If you do not currently hold the IMCA &
National Advocacy qualification you will be required to complete this and personal
development support will be provided.
If this role interests you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Visit their website for more information – https://www.cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk/jobs
Closing date for applications is: 7th June 2017
Interviews will be held week commencing: 20th June 2017
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. ** Strictly, no agencies **