Website Refugee Council
Project Worker for the Vulnerable Persons Relocation Scheme
Duration: Fixed term until 31 March 2020.
Grade/Salary: 5 | £25,295 – £28,785
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a safe and welcoming environment for refugees ensuring that standards are maintained, monitored and that the service meets all statutory and other requirements.
- To assess need for interpretation, taking into consideration complexity of information or advice.
- To assist refugees who may be in a confused or distressed state in understanding systems in the UK and making appropriate referrals to health or mental health support.
- To provide advice and support to refugees on benefits, statutory, voluntary and mainstream services, schools and colleges, and health services.
- To support refugees with information about refugee community organisations and agencies for longer term support and to assist with the integration of refugees into their local community.
- Assist volunteers to set up conversation classes, English at home classes or other volunteer projects.
- To support refugees to access employment through job centre and other support services.
- To assist refugees in making contact with family and friends in the UK.
- To maintain confidentiality in all dealings with refugees.
- To work with refugees to put in place a support plan, and offer office base appointments, outreach surgeries, provide drop in sessions and home visits.
- To record client information on our data base system.
- Suitable for occasional home working
To apply, please visit our website and apply online.
To apply for this job please visit www.refugeecouncil.org.uk.