Website Cloverleaf Advocacy
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for a Relevant Person's Representative (RPR) to join our highly successful team working on a full time and permanent basis.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Relevant Person’s Representative (RPR) to join our in Hull and East Riding team!
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for a Relevant Person’s Representative (RPR) to join our highly successful team working on a full time and permanent basis.
As our new RPR you will need to be a person-centred, motivated individual who has experience of working with people with dementia or complex needs to fulfil a Relevant Person’s Representative (RPR) role under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS). The role will be based in the Hull and East Riding area but the ability to travel to neighbouring local authority areas is desirable.
The key tasks of this role will include:
To provide a DOLS RPR Service as described in the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA), its Regulations and Code of Practice. The key functions of the DOLS RPR include:
- Helping the client to understand the DOLS authorisation.
- Acting in the best interests of the person you represent according to the ‘best interest’ principle of the MCA.
- Maintaining regular contact with the person deprived of their liberty.
- (Using formal and informal complaints procedures where needed.)
- Requesting a review if appropriate.
- Challenging authorisations on behalf of clients where appropriate including supporting clients to take their case to the Court of Protection.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant case law and any changes in legislation
- Maintaining accurate case records and writing reports.
Training and support will be provided.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Hull and East Riding
Accountable to: Service Managers and Senior Advocate
Pay: £19,000 p.a.
Other: Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced with barred list check. Two satisfactory references and evidence must be provided of a right to work in the United Kingdom.
How do I apply?
If this role interests you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an Application Pack.
Applications Forms must be returned by 9.00 am on 29th September 2017.
Closing date for applications is: 29th September 2017
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing 9th October 2017
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. ** Strictly, no agencies **