Website Yorkshire MESMAC
Come and join our team in Hull where we have an exciting opportunity for a Sessional Outreach & Testing Worker.
- To deliver community based sexual health interventions to promote and administer gonorrhoea testing as part of the PEasy Project funded through Public Health England’s Innovation Fund. This project is specifically working with young Afro Caribbean men and their communities.
- Regular outreach will promote home testing and engagement with sexual health services. This will include regular Evenings and weekends.
Main Responsibilities & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the job description and person specification on our website for full details)
- Staff and deliver arranged community outreach sessions at the times and locations which meet the demand of target groups; regularly including weekends and evenings.
- Distributing Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea tests in community settings and where part of clinical governance to take Pharyngeal swabs for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea and supervise service user self-taken swabs for Rectal Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea. In addition delivering HIV/syphilis testing and wider STI screening if required.
- To provide relevant, accurate and accessible information to target groups allowing them to make informed choices about their sexual health.
- To work positively with community groups, venues and stakeholders to facilitate continued service delivery for target groups.
- To distribute appropriate health campaign materials organised by the project and other agencies: local, national and international.
- Refer and signpost to outside agencies and organisations where appropriate.
Salary: £12.07 per hour
Testing and outreach sessions can take place in a morning, afternoon or evening and occasionally weekends. Due to the nature of the work there will be a mandatory training period (of approximately up to 5 weeks) where successful candidates will be required to attend at least one testing session per week as part of their training. The Sessional Worker will then be given the opportunity to undertake regular testing and outreach sessions weekly and be required to attend mandatory clinical supervision, meetings and update training periodically.
Application packs (along with the job description and person specification) can be downloaded from our website: https://www.mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies/sessional-outreach-testing-worker-hull
Completed applications to be sent to email@example.com by the closing date of 10:00 am on Friday 16th April 2021.
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities. We value diversity and are an equal opportunities employer, as well as a Disability Confident employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably skilled persons from all sections of the community, in particular the Afro-Caribbean community who are currently under-represented in our Hull workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.