Website Yorkshire MESMAC
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are seeking to appoint the following:
Community Development Worker (MSM) – Hull (37 hours)
This post has a GOR (Genuine Occupational Requirement) which, in this instance, means that the post is only open to applicants who identify as male.
- To reduce the incidence of STI infection and poor sexual health during sex between people in Hull.
- To reduce late diagnosis of HIV in Hull.
- To develop expertise in and focus the majority of work on the following target group: Gay and Bisexual men and men who have sex with men. To maintain and use the skills required to work with all population groups where necessary.
- To undertake outreach work, focusing on the following target groups: Gay and Bisexual community groups, areas /events where the above may go – assessing need in relation to the safer sex and sexual health.
- To carry out outreach work to Public Sex Environments, semi public sex environments and sex on premises venues and other settings; virtual and physical where target group members may meet to have sex or arrange sex and to monitor and evaluate the work at regular intervals. This work will involve the requirement to access men in male only environments such as public toilets and male only saunas.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meet the needs of Gay men, Bisexual men and men who have sex with men.
- To offer information and sexual health resources including condoms and lube in a variety of settings; including over the telephone, face to face and over internet.
- To deliver appropriate community based sexual health interventions including HIV point of care tests (POCT) and chlamydia tests to the target groups in community settings. To market these services, monitor and evaluate them. To work in partnership, with appropriate agencies, to develop these services further.
Main Responsibilities & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the application pack for more details)
- To provide relevant, accurate and accessible information focusing on the needs of Gay men, Bisexual men and men who have sex with men allowing them to make informed choices about their sexual health.
- To develop a programme of outreach work, in conjunction with Yorkshire MESMAC Community Development Workers, Sessional Outreach Workers and the Hull & East Yorkshire Operations Manager.
Salary: NJC scale 5 (points 19 – 22) starting at £24,799 per annum for 37 hours per week. Contract is fixed term until 31st March 2021 (with the possibility of a 2 year extension). There is a 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period). Salary is reviewed annually. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website: http://mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies
Closing date is: Noon on Monday 3rd June 2019
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews will be on Friday 14th June 2019.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are a Disability Confident Employer. (Charity no 1040407)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.