Volunteer Centre Hull is part of Hull CVS.
Our Volunteer Centre provides a range of information and support for people who want to volunteer; for voluntary and community organisations who involve volunteers; and local businesses that engage their employees in team building volunteering.
We advise hundreds of people each year who are keen to find out about interesting and rewarding volunteering opportunities – our Volunteer Centre offers the following services:
- We link people with volunteering opportunities that match their interests, skills and knowledge
- We support people to search on-line for local volunteer opportunities through national volunteering website do-it.org.uk
- We run a brokerage for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
- We assist voluntary organisations to support and manage volunteers through specialist volunteer management training and good practice guides incorporating The Essential Guide to Volunteer Management
- We teach voluntary and community organisations how to advertise and manage local volunteer opportunities through national volunteering website do-it.org.uk
- We promote and advocate volunteering in Hull; working in close partnership with public sector bodies, the private sector and voluntary and community organisations.
- We support employers to encourage volunteers to take time out during the working week to put something back in the communities in which they live.
To find out more about volunteering and how we can help you please email: email@example.com , telephone 01482 324474 or call in to our office at the Strand, 75 Beverley Road, Hull.
Our ‘Volunteer Involving’ Projects
Young Adult Carers’ Project – Aims to support 16-25 year old Young Adult Carers’ with various aspects of their lives.
Switch Project – The Switch Project at the Volunteer Centre Hull aims to place Volunteers with those in housing need.
Every Daffodil Counts this March and we want you to help us paint Hull yellow!
Sova are holding a volunteer recruitment event at Hull CVS, 75 Beverley Road, HU3 1XL. At Sova’s mentoring project, based in Hull, we support adult male offenders who are due to be released from custody or already serving their sentence in the community. We provide accredited training through Certa for all the skills you need … Continue reading Sova – Volunteer Recruitment Event
Sova are looking to recruit and train volunteer mentors in Hull to support adult male offenders (service users) with the aim to help integrate them back into the local community. The project works to address multiple barriers faced by this disadvantaged group. We offer community and through the gate mentoring which signposts and supports service … Continue reading SOVA Volunteer Recruitment Day