Volunteer Centre Hull is part of Hull CVS.
Our Volunteer Centre provides a range of information and support for people who want to volunteer; for voluntary and community organisations who involve volunteers; and local businesses that engage their employees in team building volunteering.
We advise hundreds of people each year who are keen to find out about interesting and rewarding volunteering opportunities – our Volunteer Centre offers the following services:
- We link people with volunteering opportunities that match their interests, skills and knowledge
- We support people to search on-line for local volunteer opportunities through national volunteering website do-it.org.uk
- We run a brokerage for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
- We assist voluntary organisations to support and manage volunteers through specialist volunteer management training and good practice guides incorporating The Essential Guide to Volunteer Management
- We teach voluntary and community organisations how to advertise and manage local volunteer opportunities through national volunteering website do-it.org.uk
- We promote and advocate volunteering in Hull; working in close partnership with public sector bodies, the private sector and voluntary and community organisations.
- We support employers to encourage volunteers to take time out during the working week to put something back in the communities in which they live.
To find out more about volunteering and how we can help you please email: email@example.com , telephone 01482 324474 or call in to our office at the Strand, 75 Beverley Road, Hull.
Our ‘Volunteer Involving’ Projects
Young Adult Carers’ Project – Aims to support 16-25 year old Young Adult Carers’ with various aspects of their lives.
Switch Project – The Switch Project at the Volunteer Centre Hull aims to place Volunteers with those in housing need.
Who Are Yorkshire’s Most Inspirational Individuals? A new campaign is calling on the people of Yorkshire to nominate the region’s most passionate and inspirational individuals. The 100 Smiles initiative is looking for people who go out of their way to bring happiness to others.
Fish Saturday is coming to Hull later this month when the church partnership, Believe in Hull, stages a re-creation of a famous biblical story and will give away thousands of fish.
An NHS Trust has paid tribute to its volunteers after figures showed they complete a total of 15,000 hours’ work for the organisation every year. Humber NHS Foundation Trust marked Volunteers’ Week, which runs from 1 to 7 June, by sending each of its 100 helpers a certificate and thanking them in person.