Volunteer Centre Hull is part of Hull CVS.
Our Volunteer Centre provides a range of information and support for people who want to volunteer; for voluntary and community organisations who involve volunteers; and local businesses that engage their employees in team building volunteering.
We advise hundreds of people each year who are keen to find out about interesting and rewarding volunteering opportunities – our Volunteer Centre offers the following services:
- We link people with volunteering opportunities that match their interests, skills and knowledge
- We support people to search on-line for local volunteer opportunities through national volunteering website do-it.org.uk
- We run a brokerage for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
- We assist voluntary organisations to support and manage volunteers through specialist volunteer management training and good practice guides incorporating The Essential Guide to Volunteer Management
- We teach voluntary and community organisations how to advertise and manage local volunteer opportunities through national volunteering website do-it.org.uk
- We promote and advocate volunteering in Hull; working in close partnership with public sector bodies, the private sector and voluntary and community organisations.
- We support employers to encourage volunteers to take time out during the working week to put something back in the communities in which they live.
To find out more about volunteering and how we can help you please email: firstname.lastname@example.org , telephone 01482 324474 or call in to our office at the Strand, 75 Beverley Road, Hull.
Our ‘Volunteer Involving’ Projects
Young Adult Carers’ Project – Aims to support 16-25 year old Young Adult Carers’ with various aspects of their lives.
Switch Project – The Switch Project at the Volunteer Centre Hull aims to place Volunteers with those in housing need.
Humbercare is hosting a recruitment event providing volunteering opportunities to work with individuals who are experiencing mental health crisis.
Every month, 5.6 million people in England give up their time to enable others to take part in sport and physical activity.
Our new strategy for volunteering, Volunteering in an Active Nation, sets out our plans to allow more people to engage in all types of volunteering through sport and physical activity.
Over the last 36 years, BBC Children in Need has raised and distributed over £800 million to projects working with disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Would you like to help in making decisions on making the best grants to improve the lives of disadvantaged children? BBC Children in Need is the BBC’s … Continue reading Volunteer Regional Advisory Committee Member (Children in Need, North Region)