This free workshop will inspire and revitalise the way you work by offering fresh thinking and the opportunity to reflect and share experiences with other trustees.
No matter what your background, the session will help you to gain confidence in your role as a trustee.
Join us for practical tips and the opportunity to strengthen the skills required to invigorate your board.
This workshop aims to help trustees both understand their duties and ensure that they are equipped with the appropriate knowledge to undertake them. It will help trustees understand what creates “good governance” and will include:
- Overview of Legislation and the Charity Act 2011
- The role of the Charity Commission and Support Available
- Understanding Charitable Purpose
- Primary Duty of Trustees
- Other Trustee Duties
- Powers to Act
- Managing Conflicts of Interest
- The Code of Governance
- Identifying strengths and areas for improvement in own Governance practice