Vaccination and Testing Support for Personal Assistants
Who is a Personal Assistant?
A ‘personal assistant’ is someone who is directly employed by an individual (or self-employed) to provide care and support to enable them to live as independently as possible.
Vaccinations for Personal Assistants
All Personal Assistants are eligible to receive their vaccination right away. You may have already been contacted to organize your vaccine. If you have not yet been contacted, it is important that your organanise your vaccine as soon as possible.
You can book your vaccine by calling the national vaccination booking line on 119. Alternatively you can book online on the NHS vaccine booking site.
Vaccination follow up calls
If you are an employed Personal Assistant and you receive your payroll via Hull CVS, you will be contacted by Hull CVS to determine whether you have had your first and second vaccinations yet, and whether you need any support in booking these. Hull CVS has been asked by Hull City Council to contact Personal Assistants for this information, so that the Council can make sure that Personal Assistants have received their eligible vaccinations and have an up to date record of the local vaccination status of those providing care. If you have not yet had both of your vaccines, Hull CVS may contact you again for an update and to see if they can offer any further support.
Coronavirus testing for Personal Assistants
Personal assistants working in adult social care who provide care that requires them to come within 2 metres of an adult over the age of 18 who they support are eligible for weekly testing. This care could include support in the home, or to go out into the community.
Personal assistants will be responsible for ordering test kits every 21 days or an employer can order test kits on their behalf. A summary of the testing process is as follows:
- Personal assistants should order a box of 7 lateral flow tests (LFTs) every 21 days for themselves, or an employer can order test kits on their behalf.
- Seven tests are delivered for each personal assistant to their selected delivery address for a 21 day testing cycle.
- A personal assistant should take a test twice a week and register them online. All results must be registered whether negative, positive or void
- Personal assistants will receive their results within 30 minutes of conducting the test.
- If a personal assistant receives a positive LFT result they should order and conduct a confirmatory polymarase chain reaction (PCR) test immediately, isolate until they receive a result, and notify their employer.
- Personal assistants should repeat LFT testing cycling twice each week.
You can order your lateral flow tests using the government testing portal.
More information about coronavirus testing for personal assistants can be found on the official government page for personal assistants.
Personal Assistant testing Webinars
The Department for Health and Social Care are holding personal assistants testing webinars that give detailed information about all aspects of testing. You can sign up for these events by booking here.
Quick Access Links
Book a Coronavirus vaccine or call 119
Order lateral flow tests
Order a PCR Test (if you have received a positive lateral flow test)
Further information about coronavirus for PAs
Book on to a Personal Assistant testing webinar
Contact Hull CVS
If you need to contact us for any further clarification, you can reach us at:
Tel: 01482 324474