Are you confident your organisation will be fully ready for GDPR when it comes into force on 25th May 2018?
Whether you’re pleased with your progress or you have a long way to go, this session will give you the knowledge to make the most of the remaining days, ensuring you prioritise effectively and have all your checks in place.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at all staff and volunteers.
This course aims to provide a more in depth understanding of confidentiality and record keeping. Providing information on the importance of accurate and true record keeping. It will also identify the duties of all staff in relation to confidentiality.
- To explore confidentiality and information sharing
- To discuss staffs ‘Duty of Care’ in relation to service users information
- To establish a shared understanding of best working practice when record keeping
- Have an understanding of when information can and should be shared on a need to know basis and to know what to do and say in these particular circumstances
- Understand their professional role in the context of observing confidentiality in relation to sharing on a need to know basis for the protection and safeguarding of adults at risk
- Know the purpose and principles behind high quality written information
Recognise information that is appropriate for recording