Website Welcome House
Part–time: 18 hours per week
Performing administrative duties for the smooth running of Welcome House and providing support generally. (Welcome House is a new and evolving organisation and jobs are evolving with it!). Your job will be to design and establish new office system to help us become more efficient as an organisation.
The list of key functions below is daunting. You will not be expected to have all these in place from the Day one. We will provide training and support where needed.
- Office administration, filing, letter writing, form filling, etc.
- Assisting in the creation & distribution of publicity materials to increase awareness, provide information and widen participation.
- Minute/ notes taking for the Trustee Committee and other meetings.
- Supporting the research and implementation of new systems and processes.
- Maintaining Welcome House external communications function, including email bulletins, website and social media platforms.
- Maintaining oversight of Welcome House’s online HR system, including Annual Leave requests and sickness absence.
- Maintaining oversight of organisational compliance with GDPR requirements, including audit and review as and when required.
- Overseeing the induction of new employees across the organisation.
- Management of IT systems and processes, including the external IT support contract and other external contracts.
- Ordering of office equipment as and when required.
- Providing practical project management support to identified projects within Welcome House, including setting up systems, communicating with project-specific suppliers and tracking progress against targets.
- Collating evidence of project impact, including developing feedback mechanisms, writing up session feedback, and creating reports.
- Researching funding opportunities for new projects.
- Undertaking surveys or engagement with voluntary and community sector or wider stakeholders/working partners to gather data to inform service development.
- Supporting the General Manager in reviewing internal policies and processes as required.
- Attending online and face-to-face meetings, workshops and training sessions to provide administrative support.
- To promote the principles and practices of equality and social inclusion in all aspects of the work.
- To participate in relevant training and continuing professional development activity as agreed with line management.
- To participate in and contribute to Welcome house staff meetings, and internal organisational development events.
- Any other roles commensurate with the grading of this post.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To compile and maintain auditable records, both paper and electronic, of the Welcome House activities.
- To maintain a database of project staff, volunteers, clients, partners and associated contacts.
- Assist in arranging events, evaluations, client feedback, etc.
- Carry out such other duties as may be reasonably requested for the success of the Welcome House projects.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of office administration is essential.
- Experience of working with Information Technology applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
- Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds, preferably with minority ethnic communities; or those who are marginalised or excluded.
Qualities, Abilities and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills and a commitment to equality & diversity.
- Enthusiasm, reliability and self-motivation, with a flexible approach to work.
- Working as part of a team, with an ability to schedule work and manage deadlines.
Salary of £13000, (£250 per week), based on £13.88 an hour for an 18-hour week. Hours to be worked over 4 or 5 days, to be agreed. 28 days holiday a year. (Some flexibility over school holidays).
The closing date for receiving the applications is 31st August, 2022.
For an application form please contact Welcome House on email: email@example.com.
In the event that you don’t hear from us by 14th September 2022, then kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.