Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Fixed-term until 30 April 2023
Travel: Some travel required
Closing date: 23:59 Thursday 11 August 2022
Through our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
Our Services and Influencing Directorate is a supportive team, passionate about providing high-quality services to people with arthritis, helping people to take greater control of their condition and to make positive, informed choices to live well with arthritis.
Our Commissioned Services in England work with local NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups and healthcare professionals to offer services for patients with osteoarthritis of the knee and/or hip. We have been running our Commissioned Services in England since 2014. Through delivering one-to-one and group information and peer support sessions we have supported over 6,500 people.
About the role
As part of this team, you will coordinate and deliver all aspects of our Living Well with Arthritis England Commissioned services in the East Riding of Yorkshire CCG area (view the area on this map).
The service informs people about their condition, how they can self-manage, and the treatment options and support available to them. Our aim is for people with osteoarthritis to have the confidence, knowledge, and skills to live how they wish to live.
You will help shape and deliver support for people living with arthritis whilst working alongside our group networks and peer support volunteers to maintain and grow our Commissioned services.
Whilst the post is home based, there is an expectation that some travel will be required to attend meetings and embed the service. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required for effective service delivery.
- Experience of delivering service user focused provision within the voluntary sector.
- Experience of recruiting, training, supervising, and supporting volunteers.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with local organisations and stakeholders.
- Experience of comprehensive service monitoring, evaluation and delivering reports to meet targets.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, and experience of presenting in front of groups of people.
- Strong administrative and IT skills – including MS Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work effectively.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a completed application form (Word, 52 KB), clearly demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Regional officer commissioned – East Riding of Yorkshire role (Word 48 KB)
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 23:59 Thursday 11 August 2022 to email@example.com
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of the advertised date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Interview dates to be confirmed and to be held by Microsoft Teams.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.