Website Welcome House
Part–time: 18 hours per week
Are you passionate about supporting Volunteers/ asylum seekers and refugees? We are looking for a volunteer coordinator to join the team at Welcome House in Hull and East Riding.
You will recruit and manage our fantastic group of volunteers, who help and assist the delivery of the tasks to the asylum seekers and refugees who need it across Hull and East Riding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, build and maintain relationships with a wide range of volunteers from different cultures and background.
- Complete a volunteer induction pack and deliver appropriate induction and basic training in readiness for volunteering in the Welcome House environment.
- Be the ‘go to’ for all volunteer concerns and queries and maintain a visible presence within the charity.
- Inspire and lead the volunteer team in whatever role they feel they would like to take on.
- Promote volunteering, internally and externally in collaboration with the local VCSE sector to ensure that the impact of volunteers is celebrated.
- Lead on all aspects of the day-to-day administration and supervision of a diverse team of volunteers.
- Develop and inspire volunteers to develop best possible practice to meet the needs of the Welcome House.
- Encourage volunteers attend team meetings and events where appreciate, in order to maintain good communication within the service.
- Respond appropriately to any safeguarding concern and the management of risk.
- Managing Welcome Desk, with the support of volunteers
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To compile and maintain auditable records, both paper and electronic, of the Welcome House volunteers.
- Assist in arranging events, evaluations, client feedback, etc.
- Carry out such other duties as may be reasonably requested for the success of the Welcome House projects.
Experience and Knowledge – desirable
- Experience of recruiting, training and servicing or monitoring a diverse range of volunteers.
- Experience of working with Information Technology applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
- Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds, preferably with minority ethnic communities; or those who are marginalised or excluded.
- Being people focused
- Ability to work some hours outside of regular working times, and to be flexible to meet the needs of the services users.
Qualities, Abilities and Skills – desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of other languages beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills and a commitment to equality & diversity.
- Enthusiasm, reliability and self-motivation, with a flexible approach to work.
- Working as part of a team, with an ability to schedule work and manage deadlines.
- Hold a Level 3 Volunteering Management qualification, or be willing to work towards this
- Have knowledge and hands on experience of dealing with volunteers
- Hold a Full UK Driving License
- Work great as part of a team
Salary of £13000, (£250 per week), based on £13.88 an hour for an 18-hour week. Hours to be worked over 4 or 5 days, to be agreed. 28 days holiday a year. (Some flexibility over school holidays).
The closing date for receiving the applications is 31st August, 2022.
For an application form please contact Welcome House on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you don’t hear from us by 14th September 2022, then kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.