At Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS hereafter) we are committed to protecting the data privacy of our employees and service users and meeting all regulatory requirements relating to the protection of personal information in strict compliance with the current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Any personal information that we may request or process will be relevant to the delivery of services to our customers or as part of our role as an employer. Visitors to the Hull CVS website can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority.
Where we process personal information, this will be undertaken following the privacy principles:
When using our services, we will collect personal information from you such as name, title, address, telephone number and employment status. Dependent on which of our services you use, it may be necessary for us to collect further information, in which we will request your explicit consent.
Information we collect about you
- All collection and processing will be in a lawful, fair and in a transparent manner.
- Any information we collect will always be for a legitimate purpose.
- We will only collect the information needed. We will review this regularly to ensure the information we hold continues to remain adequate and relevant.We will not hold information longer than is necessary, and we have a consistent archiving process to ensure out dated information is not used.
- We will only contact you with relevant information and with your prior consent.
- We will undertake all processing in a manner that maintains appropriate security of the personal information provided to us.
In some circumstances, we may collect or process sensitive personal information. For example, details about an employee’s or service users health, race, ethnic origin, their sexual orientation or their religious beliefs. We aim to not collect this information as a normal activity but only when explicit consent has been requested and given.
Hull CVS take appropriate measures to safeguard the information it holds from unauthorised access or improper use. Hull CVS continually reviews and up-dates its security procedures as new technologies become available and new activities are introduced.
Any third parties to whom information is transferred are made aware of these security practices and are also required to take reasonable precautions to protect the transferred data.
We store any information provided to us in a secure manner, either on a secure server, or if a paper copy is needed, in a locked filing cabinet. If we need to communicate personal data over the internet, this will be encrypted and password protected.
To ensure we do not keep data for longer than necessary and to maintain the integrity of the data we hold, we store data in accordance with the relevant legal time frames.
Links to other websites