Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS) was established to support the development of voluntary and community groups and volunteering in Hull. Our aims are to:
- Promote the valuable work of voluntary and community groups and the importance of volunteering to the City;
- Support the development of new groups;
- Bring groups together to share information and good practice;
- Provide support services which help groups to improve their work for maximum impact;
- Enable groups to have a voice on issues of common concern.
The services, support and discounted offered by Hull CVS are prioritised to our membership. Our membership benefits include:
- Information – access to members only information including a range of guides, fact sheets and resources to support the development and running of your organisation. You will also receive a copy of our annually updated brochure of services and contract portfolio and a copy of our VCS annual brochure.
- Training – Being a member of Hull CVS enables you to benefit from discount on training courses and selected events.
- Discount on Business Services – Members receive discounts on other CVS services such as room hire and business consultancy services.
- Specialist Development Offers – Members will be given first access to a range of specialist development packages and other support that Hull CVS is able to negotiate the provision of with partners from time to time, which can include specialist training, marketing, and consultative support.
- Raise your Profile – Promote your group’s work through our website which has over 2,000 unique visitor a month, and our monthly e-news service, which goes out to over 900 people in Hull.
- Networking – Over the year we host various networking opportunities based on your feedback and the needs of the sector. The Volunteer Managers and Co-ordinators Network is an example of this which came from our members, and provides the opportunity for shared learning and best practice.
- Influence – Membership enables you to form part of our consultative body, enabling you to find out from decision makers what is planned in your area and be able to more effectively influence this decision making.
- Vote – The ability to elect our Board of Trustees at our Annual General Meeting (AGM), apply to stand as a Trustee yourself and vote on important matters of the charity.
As a member you will also receive a comprehensive assessment to identify your organisation’s strengths, barriers, and any support you can access, along with an individually tailored action plan.
Therefore by becoming a member of Hull CVS, you become part of an ever growing network of organisations dedicated to championing and advancing the sector, plus you gain access to a range of benefits for your own organisation.
If you’re interested in being a member, visit the tabs to the side. Alternatively you can call us on 01482 324474.