Skip to content

Yorkshire Energy Park Community Fund

Hull CVS is pleased to work in partnership with Yorkshire Energy Park, to offer grants of up to £5,000 to charities, voluntary and community groups, business partnerships and other not for profit organisations based or delivering activity in the East Riding of Yorkshire – specifically the South West Holderness Ward.

The YEP Community Fund will consider applications from organisations and groups that are based in the South West Holderness Ward area (Hedon, Preston, Thorngumbald and Paull) or delivering activity that predominantly serves the residents and communities in this geographical area.

These could include:

  • Registered Charities
  • Charitable Businesses (Community Interest Companies)
  • Not for profit voluntary and community groups
  • Faith groups*
  • Community associations
  • School Friends of Groups
  • Sports clubs
  • Shop and Business Watch Partnerships.

*Faith organisations can apply providing the activities for which they are seeking funding does not promote religion.

You can ask for a YEP Community Fund grant of between £500 and £5,000.

The grants can be used to pay for the things you need to run your project, activity or event.

That might include things like:

  • Equipment that your group needs to do its work
  • An activity or event
  • Sponsorship of kits
  • Routine bills to keep your group running e.g. venue
  • Contribution to staff costs
  • Paying travel fares or mileage allowance for volunteers
  • Buying resources to run your project, activity or event

The grant can also be used towards securing suitable match funding, but you need to prove you have the additional funding in place and/or agreed prior to the YEP Community Fund grant being paid.

A constitution or governing documents

We will need to see a copy of your governing document or a set of rules if your group has them. This allows us to check you are in a suitable position to manage the grant and deliver the project, activity or event that you are proposing.

We recognise that small self-help groups are often very informal and do not always have a Constitution. We also understand that this often means that it can be very difficult to access other grant funding; we are keen to support these types of groups.

If you need help with developing your constitution or set of rules then Hull CVS and our partners in East Yorkshire can help. To request support email or call 01482 324474.

A bank account

Your organisation will need to have a bank account in the name of the organisation/ group, which requires two signatures on a cheque or to draw money out of the bank.

If your group does not have an account of this nature and your application for a grant is successful, we will contact you to discuss the grant payment options.

Annual accounts

We will need to see a copy of your group annual accounts, if you have them prepared.

If your group needs help preparing annual accounts, Hull CVS and our partners in East Yorkshire can help. You will need them in the future if your group is going to apply for grants from other funders. To request support email or call 01482 324474.

If your group does not have annual accounts we may ask to see a copy of a recent bank statement in the name of the group.

We will contact you within 10 working days to advise you that we have received your application.

Eligible applications are considered by the YEP Community Grants Panel which is made up of representatives from the South West Holderness Ward or involved with the YEP.

You will be told the outcome of your application within one week of the panel meeting which will usually be held two weeks after the application deadline.

If your application is successful, you will be asked to verify the identity of two of your committee members and also sign a grant agreement, before we can send you your grant payment.

The grant agreement will include monitoring arrangements and agreeing to work with YEP and Hull CVS on maximising marketing opportunities linked to the grant.

Once you have received your grant you will also be asked to sign a grant receipt.

Once you have completed the project, activity or event you will be asked to complete a brief report outlining how you used the YEP Community Fund grant. Failure to do so could result in a request to repay the grant.

If your application is unsuccessful you will be told why and offered information about other grants that your group may be eligible to apply for.

Any personal details which you give us as part of this application process are solely for the purpose of administering the YEP Community Fund and our accounting; unless you ask to receive other mailings from Hull CVS.

Organisations and groups that cannot show that their project, activity or event delivers at least one of the following aims:

  • Help promote greener living and/or create better environments;
  • Inspire people to learn and/or undertake training; and
  • Projects that improve the local community.

Organisations and groups that are not based in or delivering activity that predominantly serves the residents and communities in the South West Holderness Ward area.

Organisations and groups without constitutions in place. If you don’t have these in place Hull CVS and our East Riding of Yorkshire partners can help, as well as providing support around wider governance for free as part of the application process.

Organisations and groups cannot apply for anything that is about promotion of religion or fund activities that are war-like or for anything political.

Applications cannot be made on behalf of a group by paid workers they support. For example; Development Workers cannot apply on behalf of groups but can give support to them during the application process.

Groups cannot apply for something for an individual and individuals cannot apply for something for themselves.

If you are unhappy with the decision regarding your application for a grant, and you think it was not given fair consideration, you must contact the Funding and Grants Officer via or call 01482 324474.

Your reasons can be discussed at a remote panel meeting who will make a final decision.

If you are unhappy with any other aspect of the way your application is treated, you can complain in writing. Your complaint will be considered in line with Hull CVS Complaints Policy.

If you would like any further help or assistance to apply for grants for your group, or if you would like help to set your group, please get in touch with us via or call 01482 324474.

Skip to content